About Me

My photo
Huron, Ohio, United States
Not much to write about. Spent a lot of time in the Navy and Coast Guard traveling. Have been in Spain, England, all over the United States and lived in Yokohama, Japan for 42 months. Traveled on the road for 25 years selling Garden Merchandise until retiring 10 years ago. Has been a lot of fun.

Welcome to my Blog

Everyone has told me I have to have a blog if I want to be a successful merchant on the web. So everyone here we are finally posting something I hope will be read.

I have been selling on several sites and finally have decided to go to Bonanzle where at the present Georgia, my Wife and I have four booths. I sell Custom Car T-Shirts and Sunglasses on one and Prints and Art on the other. Georgia has two booths "ringsandthings" and "antiquesandsuch". Georgia also has a Etsy Booth. http://www.georgiastreasures.etsy.com

Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 30, 2009

Kentucky Derby Licensed Ceramic






Today was quite interesting. Our antique purchases yesterday were logged in our inventory log and we started the listing process on Etsy and Bonanzle. Georgia had a large number of pictures of new listings to be taken of her jewelry and I had twelve of the bird prints. On Sunday I found a ceramic bank licensed by Churchill Downs Inc which is the home of the Kentucky Derby. Georgia and I have both searched for a identical item and nothing. I sent three pictures to a friend of mine who has been in the antiques business for twenty five years and he said that he had never seen it before. Here are a couple of pictures of the piece: It is up for auction on seeauctions.com. My ID on that site is oldsaltsailor. Check it out if you have time.

No comments: